We are committed to helping the elderly and ill populations of Arizona by offering a
solution to life-changing dilemmas. Our goal is to ease some of the issues associated with
a loss of independence and good health, trials which eventually affect us all.
Enjoy this video about volunteering with Furever Friends Rescue, then see the information
below explaining fosters, volunteering, and other ways to support the rescue.
Fostering is an essential part of the FFR mission. Foster homes
allow us to save more animals than we can house at our adoption centers and to accept animals
who are not yet old enough or healthy enough for adoption. Fosters homes also provide a
vacation for adoptable animals who need a break from the adoption center.
To foster you must be willing to:
Fostering is an excellent
way to have a pet without the long-term commitment and cost. The rescue will provide food
and litter and will cover all medical expenses. You provide the room, care and love.
- Give an animal a place to stay until there is room within one of our adoption centers.
- Provide attention, love and security to animals that may have been through the trauma
of losing the only home they've ever known and the people who loved them.
- Care for a pet that is recovering from illness or surgery (e.g. spay/neuter), including
providing medications or transportation to vet visits (fosters may elect not to house animals
needing medical care).
- Transport the animal to/from the adoption center.
Anyone wishing to become a foster with FFR should download and complete the Foster Application and the Liability Waiver then email the two forms to
You will be contacted for an interview and, if accepted into the Foster Program, a home check
will be scheduled.
Our volunteers describe many reasons for volunteering at FFR, including:
There are many ways to volunteer and not all of them revolve around
spending time with the animals. We also need people to do office, accounting and clerical
work; to transport animals between adoption centers, to the vet, or to adoption events;
and to assist with planning or running promotional events, adoption events, and fundraisers.
- Caring for the animals by walking, feeding, kennel cleaning, grooming and playing to
ensure they have a positive experience while they await new homes.
- Directly enriching the animals' lives and preparing them for permanent homes through
socialization and basic training, such as practice walking on leash.
- Supporting FFR to assist families in crisis and their pets.
- Spending time with dogs or cats without the full-time commitment of pet ownership.
- Meeting new people who share the same feelings about animal rescue.
- Staying in shape — walking dogs is great exercise!
To volunteer with Furever Friends Rescue, fill out the online volunteer application
and liability waiver.
Each time someone makes a donation to Furever Friends Rescue, it
helps us to care for an animal in need. Often the people relinquishing their pets are on a
fixed income and cannot provide basic care, such as spay/neuter, vaccinations, or basic
check ups. Donations make it possible for us to help the animals who really need our support.
As a 501(c)(3) organization, your contribution to Furever Friends Rescue will be tax-deductible.
Please consider making a secure donation through PayPal using the button below.
Amazon donates 0.5% of your purchase price to Furever Friends Rescue
when you start shopping from this
webpage. The Amazon Smile program lets you support local charities while shopping online.
Furever Friends Rescue happily accepts in-kind gifts of supplies
and other resources. These contributions make a significant difference in helping us run
our daily operations. Feel free to drop off your donation at either of our two adoption centers.
We could also use:
- Most-Needed Items: BK/CYM color pack ink for Canon PIXMA MX920/MX922 printer, PGI-250 PGBK XL black XL ink for same printer, bleach, laundry detergent,
anti-bacterial dish soap, paper towels, black garbage bags, kitchen garbage bags, wet Swiffer
pads, scotch tape, AA batteries, Greenies Pill Pockets for dogs, compressed chews, white rawhide chews
- Other Cleaning Supplies: glass cleaner, dish washing sponges, scrub brushes,
disposable gloves, anti-bacterial wipes, wet mop heads (like this)
- Pet Supplies: doggie poo bags, metal pet food dishes, dog beds, cat beds, Greenies
Pill Pockets for cats, Kong and other toys for heavy chewers, cat feather wand toys
- Linens: blankets, sheets, towels, wash clothes, dishtowels
- Office Supplies: dry erase markers, manila 1/3 cut file folders, hanging green
folders, wedge-shaped door stops
- Personal Supplies: tissues, hand sanitizer
- Gift Cards: pet store gift cards, Walmart/Target/Costco gift cards, and (for
thank you gifts for the groomers who do not charge us) movie theater gift cards
We do not need food donations due to a generous grant from Petco to supply us with Natural
Balance food, but if we receive any food as donation, we'll happily share it with Chuck Waggin Pet Food Pantry.
- a new or used computer (Mac or PC) with monitor and built-in wireless
- steam cleaner (like this) for the floors
- heavy duty hand vacuum