In order to surrender a pet with Furever Friends Rescue there are a few criteria that need to be met:
Click here to download the Client Profile Worksheet.
- As stated in our mission, the majority of our animals come from individuals who are entering assisted living facilities, nursing homes, hospices or who have passed away leaving their pets in the care of family or friends who are not in a position to keep the animals.
- After contacting the Animal Intake/Animal Care Director the pet(s) must be seen by a veterinarian who can attest that the pet is in good health, i.e., up-to-date on its vaccines, spayed/neutered and has no major medical issues that will need to be addressed. That documentation must be shown to the Animal Intake/Animal Care Director and upon intake a copy of that information must accompany the pet.
- If the animal has not been spayed/neutered and is not up-to-date on its vaccines a fee will be charged commensurate with vet charges to have those items taken care of. If the pet is in compliance with all medical, no fee will be charged and the pet will be taken into foster care or housed at the Petco facility.
- Please download, fill out and return the forms below with regard to surrendering an animal.
- Acceptance into the Rescue is contingent upon available space and at the discretion of the Animal Intake/Animal Care Director. We make every effort to assist with each and every situation that is brought to us.
Click here to download the Animal Surrender Contract.
All requests and questions regarding the surrender of animals are to be made by email to Shari Eisenberg, Animal Intake/Animal Care Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.