As stated in our mission, preference is given to animals from individuals who are entering
assisted-living facilities, nursing homes, or hospices or who have passed away. Family and
friends who have been left pets due to these circumstances are welcome to surrender these
pets to Furever Friends Rescue.
Acceptance of animals from other situations is possible but not guaranteed. Acceptance of
any animal is contingent upon available space and at the discretion of the directors. We
make every effort to assist with every animal's situation.
In order to surrender a pet to Furever Friends Rescue:
The two forms and the veterinarian documentation must be delivered to the rescue for
each animal at the time of surrender. Documents may be sent by email in advance; be sure they are labeled
clearly with both your name and the animal's name.
- Contact Furever Friends Rescue to describe the animal and its situation and to ask if
space is currently available. Contact information is displayed on the right of this page.
- Collect documentation from a veterinarian to attest the following medical information.
If circumstances do not permit the full list of veterinary steps to be completed, contact
us to discuss options.
- The animal is in good health and has no major medical issues.
- The animal is spayed or neutered.
- The animal has a current rabies vaccination. Animals younger than 16 weeks old are exempt
from this requirement.
- For cats: The animal has current FVRCP (feline viral rhinotracheitis, calicivirus,
- For cats: The animal is FIV/FeLV negative. This point is non-negotiable.
- For dogs: The animal has current DA2PPC/DHPP (canine distemper, adenovirus type 2,
parainfluenza, canine parvovirus, canine coronavirus) vaccinations.
- For dogs: The animal has current bordatella vaccinations.
- Complete two forms: Client
Profile Worksheet and Animal
- Contact FFR to schedule a time and location for surrendering the pet.
No fee is charged by FFR when a pet is surrendered, but donations are encouraged in order
to offset the cost of on-going care of the animal. FFR will care for all animals until a
new, permanent home can be found.
Be sure to read the instructions at left
before contacting Furever Friends about
surrendering a pet or found animal.